Beauty Food Lifestyle Image Map

Thursday 6 September 2012

July & August Empties & New In

Today's post is my empty products for the months of July and August. I was travelling for part of the month, so I used up a few travel sized and sample products while on holiday. I'm always attracted to miniature sized products as they look cute, but unfortunately they aren't good value for money! But here's a rundown on the products I finished and my thoughts about them...

  • Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo - This wasn't the best anti-dandruff shampoo but it did smell better than others I've used before. It did an average job of getting rid of dandruff but I wasn't overly impressed. 
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo Original 50mL - This dry shampoo works well and is convenient to use between washes. The small travel size is great for travelling or for your handbag, but doesn't actually last very long. I would repurchase this even though I do prefer Klorane's as the price is lower. 
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo Blush 50mL - Works the same as the original but has a different scent. It's just a matter of preference but I prefer the original. 
  • Davroe Tame Lemon Grass Detangler 50mL - I didn't like this product I received a sample of as it just didn't do anything in the way of detangling my hair. I wasn't a fan of the scent either so I definitely wouldn't purchase this product. 
  • Joico K-Pak Revitaluxe Bio-Advanced Restorative Treatment 50mL - This is a sample sized product which I was interested in trying as I am a fan of the Joico K-Pak line. After the first few uses I wasn't sure about this as I didn't notice much of a difference in my hair. However, after leaving it on longer than the recommended 5 minutes, I found much better results. I'm unsure yet if I'll purchase this as I have a few conditioning treatments in my bathroom cupboard to use first!
  • Evo The Therapist Calming Shampoo 50mL x2 - I liked the scent of this shampoo but found I needed to use more than usual to create a nice lather. Evo really needs to change the packaging of their samples as it's too hard to remove product from these!
  • Evo The Therapist Calming Conditioner 50mL x2 - I preferred the conditioner to the shampoo as I found it hydrated my hair well. The scent was nice but again the packaging didn't work well. 
  • Matrix Biolage Smoothing Shampoo 50mL & Conditioner 30mL - I liked the fruity scent of these two products and the shampoo lathered up well. The downside was that even with the conditioner my hair felt a little dry. I would consider purchasing shampoo and conditioner from the Matrix Biolage range but I would choose something other than the smoothing range. 
  • Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Treatment - I took this with me travelling due to its small size and I easily get two uses from this. It's a great quick-fix treatment that I like to use when my hair is feeling dry.  

  • MAC Fix+ - I love this product and will continue to repurchase it. I like to use this before I apply my makeup and also after powder if I find my skin starts to look 'cakey'. It's also lovely as a refreshing mist throughout the day. I love this for travelling as well and have the mini size which I take on the plane with me. 
  • Benefit You Rebel Lite - This took quite a while to finish up as I wasn't happy with this product at all. The finish of You Rebel Lite left my skin looking oily and overly shiny. It gave very light coverage and didn't absorb into my skin well. Also, the metal packaging is awful. I found this product a disappointment and wouldn't repurchase it again. 
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup - This was my first bottle of this foundation and I really liked it. This bottle was in the colour B20 which isn't as good a match as the BR22 but still worked well. I love the feel and finish of this foundation, it feels so light on the skin and leaves a lovely satin finish. 
  • Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara - This product dried up before I could finish it. It worked pretty well and I picked it up in the US so it was inexpensive. I liked how long it made my lashes but found it tended to clump after a second coat. I would consider repurchasing this due to its cheap price but there are other mascaras I'd like to try first. 
  • Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm: Lemon & Chamomile - This is my favourite lip balm and my preferred flavour of the two I've tried along with Natural Mint. This leaves my lips feeling smooth and hydrated and has great staying power for a lip balm.
  • Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! Eau de Parfum Spray x2 - I really like Marc Jacobs fragrances and Oh, Lola! is no exception. I love the fruity and floral scent. I'd definitely purchase this fragrance. 

  • Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes: Night Calming - These are great makeup remover wipes and I like the night calming scent along with the original. 
  • Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes - These face wipes are also nice. I like that they are unfragranced. I'd repurchase these again as they work well. 
  • Cetaphil Moisturising Cream 100mL - I like to use the tube packaging of this moisturiser for my face as opposed to the larger tub. This works great for my dry/combination sensitive skin. I love that it's unscented and you only need a small amount as it's quite thick so great as a night moisturiser. I'll repurchase this again, I just wish they had a tube that was bigger as it runs out fairly quickly with regular use.
  • Avene Eau Thermal Spring Water 50mL - This spray is great. It feels so refreshing on the skin and I like to apply it after I cleanse and before I moisturise in place of a toner. This small bottle isn't great value but it's perfect for travelling. 
  • Swisspers 150 Cosmetic Squares - These are great and perfect for removing makeup with Bioderma and removing nail polish. They don't leave cotton fibres behind like cotton wool. I'll repurchase these again and again! 

  • David Jones Milk & Honey Body Wash - This is an average body wash. I like the scent and it lathers well but it leaves my skin feeling dry. 
  • Ahava Dermud Intensive Nourishing Hand Cream - This is a nice hand cream and really moisturises my hands. The scent is a bit odd, but you get used to it. If you apply a samll amount it doesn't leave your hands feeling greasy which is great. 
  • Sasy n Savy Rose Lavender Hand N Nail Repair Creme - This was a very small sample so I'm not so sure what I think about it. The scent was a bit strong for my liking but it seemed nice. 
  • Rexona Women Anti-Perspirant Deoderant: Hypo-Allergenic - This is a great spray deodorant and it works well, I like it a lot. 
  • Rexona Women Clinical Protection Anti-Perspirant Deoderant - This works great, you apply it at night and it really helps you to stay fresh throughout the day. 
  • Dove Clinical Protection Anti-Perspirant Deoderant (Cucumber & Green Tea Scent) - This works in the same way as the Rexona version. I do prefer it as the scent is nicer, but otherwise I find they are very similar. 

  • My Beauty Diary Aloe Sheet Mask - I love these! They feel so lovely on the skin and leave my skin feeling fresh and hydrated. 
  • My Beauty Diary Chocolate Truffle Sheet Mask x2 - I love these too! They feel so nice and are perfect to use when you feel like pampering yourself. 
  • SkinVitals EyeLift Cloth Eye Treatment Mask - These feel really nice under the eyes. The cooling essence feels really relaxing. I didn't see a noticeable difference in terms of reducing under eye bags, but they are nice for a treat. 
  • Apivita Express Beauty Nourishing Mask with Cereals x2 - These masks were nice, I got 2 uses from each sachet. These are aptly names "Express" as you only leave the mask on for 10 minutes. They left my skin feeling soft and smooth. This product reminded me of the Lush Oatifix mask. The small size makes these perfect for travelling.
  • Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strip & Original Deep Cleansing Pore Strip - I like to use these once in a while to remove the nasty stuff blocked in my pores. 
  • Kerastase Nectar Thermique - This is a nice product. It is a heat protectant that you apply to wet hair before blow drying. It smells really nice and also helps to detangle hair. I would consider purchasing this product but I try not to blow dry my hair if I can help it. 

And here are a few new things I've picked up recently... 
  • Avene Eau Thermal Spring Water - I had to pick up another one of these because I love it! It feels so refreshing on the skin and will be great for the warmer months ahead...
  • MAC Fix+ - Love this product and had to repurchase it after finishing up my last bottle! 
  • Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - This is a perfect for a night out when you need some colour on your legs but can't be bothered going through the process of fake tanning in advance. It washes easily off with body wash and loofah so you don't need to go through the hassle of exfoliating. 
  • Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm: Grapefruit & Ginger, Black Tea & Blackberry, Vanilla & Lavender, Lemon & Chamomile - I went a bit crazy on StrawberryNet when I saw these were back in stock and picked up every flavour besides Natural Mint which I already have. I love this lip balm and it's nice to have a few so I can put one in my handbag, one on my bedside table and one with my makeup. 

Have you tried any of these products? Let me know what you think of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment