Beauty Food Lifestyle Image Map

Sunday 3 June 2012

May Favourites

Here's my first monthly favourites post. I haven't been wearing too much makeup this month, so I only have two makeup picks, along with some hair and skincare favourites.


  • Benefit Dandeloin - I rediscovered this blush in May and have been using it quite regularly. It's a light pink with fine gold shimmer. It gives my cheeks a nice pink glow that isn't over the top. It is described as a "brightening face powder" but on my fair skin I use it as a blush.
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - I've been trying this foundation out this month and have been liking it. It gives me good coverage and leaves a nice finish which isn't too matte or too glowy. I feel like I need to exfoliate and moisturise my skin before using this as it can accentuate dry spots on my face, but otherwise it has been doing a good job.
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake - This is my most used Revlon lip butter, which I have been loving this month. It's a blue-toned pink with very subtle shimmer. I love the creamy and moisturising consistency. The only downside is that it wears off much faster than a lipstick, but due to its comfortable feel I can live with it!
  • EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet - I bought this on holidays in the US and have finally started using it more regularly. I keep it on my bedside table so I can find it easily. It smells great and the packaging is cute. It's not as moisturising as some other lip balms but it is still nice.
  • Cetaphil Moisturising Cream - I've been using my tub of this cream by applying it generously to my legs. It keeps my skin feeling really smooth and hydrated.
  • My Beauty Diary Aloe Sheet Mask - I've treated myself to a few of these masks this month and I love them. They are perfect when you want to pamper yourself, lie back and relax.
  • MoroccanOil - A holy grail hair product. I love using this on my damp hair after washing it. It really makes a difference especially when your hair is feeling dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment